WORKS IN PROGRESS
(Available upon request)
- “Civic Friendship and Faithful Distrust”
- “White Moral Blindness”
- “Making Pictures, Making Racial Progress“
- “Seeing More Clearly: On the Justification and Use of Democratic Propaganda”
PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES
- “Proportional Representation of Women in Elite Ethics Journals: To Quota or Not to Quota?” Public Affairs Quarterly, 31 (2017).
- with Shen-yi Liao, Monique Deveaux, and Maggie Dalecki, “The Underrepresentation of Women in Prestigious Ethics Journals,” Hypatia, 32.4 (2017):928-939.
- “Nudging Global Poverty Alleviation?” Law and Ethics of Human Rights, 9.2 (2015): 249-264.
- “(White) Tyranny and the Democratic Value of Distrust,” The Monist, 98.4 (2015): 391-406.
- Selected for the Oxford Philosophy Festival, which celebrates and explores the best of political philosophy.
- with Matthew Herder, “Justice in Global Pandemic Influenza Preparedness: An Analysis Based on the Values of Contribution, Ownership, and Reciprocity,” Public Health Ethics 6.3 (2013): 272-286.
- “Completing Rawls’s Arguments for Equal Political Liberty and its Fair Value: The Argument from Self-Respect,” Canadian Journal of Philosophy 43.2 (2013): 179-205
- “Political Solidarity, Justice, and Public Health,” Public Health Ethics 6.1 (2013): 129-141.
- “Reconceiving Rawls’s Arguments for Equal Political Liberty and its Fair Value: On our Higher-Order Interests,” Social Theory and Practice, 38.2 (2012): 258-278.
- “We Can Make Rational Decisions to Have a Child: On the Grounds for Rejecting L.A. Paul’s Arguments,” in Richard Vernon, Sarah Hannan, and Samantha Brennan (eds.), Permissible Progeny (Oxford University Press, Oct. 2015).
- “International Financial Institutions,” in Darrell Moellendorf and Heather Widdows (eds.), The Handbook for Global Ethics (Routledge Press, 2014).
- with Julie Cook Lucas, Doris Schroeder, Gardar Arnason, Pamela Andanda, Joshua Kimani, Veronique Fournier, “Donating Human Samples: Who Benefits? – Cases from Iceland, Kenya, and Indonesia” in Doris Schroeder and Julie Cook Lucas (eds.), Benefit Sharing from Biodiversity to Human Genetics (Springer, 2013).
- with Elizabeth Anderson, Seyla Benhabib, Lyn Carson, John Dryzek, Vijayendra Rao, Charles Sabel, Gilad Tanay, Catarina Tully, Mark Warren, Melissa Williams, Scott Wisor, Bettina von Lieres, Academics Stand Against Poverty, “A New Paradigm: Toward Genuinely Participatory Consultations in the post- MDG Development Agenda,” Academics Stand Against Poverty, 2013.
- Democracy in Global Institutions, Dissertation, Cornell University, 2011 [Abstract].